- This event has passed.
Skills for tomorrow
21 September @ 1:45 pm - 3:00 pm
Competing in the 21st century marketplace will require a more-skilled workforce – not only in reading, math, science and arts, but also in character skills such as perseverance, problem-solving and team-work. Is your country on track to create the workforce your business leaders need? And if not, what can chambers do to fix it? In this workshop, speakers will understand the economic evidence for the impact of the early years on adult productivity, as well as what business and chamber leaders are doing now.
This workshop will discuss:
- how demographic shifts and technological advances are changing the basic skill sets of the average worker in the future
- needed government policies on youth development and skills, starting in the early years
- economic data on the impact of early childhood programs on producing workers with the needed skills
- business actions at the community, regional, national and international levels to impact early childhood
- how public-private collaboration can give NEETs skills and supports needed to enter the job market